INVERT

neon14

Hey, I hope you all do get to run this weekend. Don't forget to add Sunday, July 2nd to your racing calendar, though...

I am hoping for a large showing of the TPS drivers and the Texas Thunder drivers for this July 2nd race. It is a SUNDAY race, so all you die hards that claim here online that you would race everyday if there was a place to race, well here is your chance to prove it. You are all talking about inverts, well TPS must have heard:

I am sure everyone has heard the news already, but for those that haven’t, there are two big items for the Sunday July 2 race at Thunder Hill Raceway. First, a race format change was announced in the TPS driver’s meeting, (confirmed in the Race Bulletin.) Plus the “Bounty” that was listed in the May 27 Results Newsletter. So bring all of the Corpus cars up and let’s make this the show of shows!!!

The new format is a partial invert for the heat races. Now I am not a fan of inverts at all. I think they have the potential to destroy good cars, but if they say invert, we invert. Besides, TPS is full of great drivers who are patient and this will be one heck of a show for the fans!! OK, let me try that again, TPS is full of great drivers that I hope will show some patience… LOL Regardless, it should be a good show for the fans…

The format is this, TPS will take the full list of drivers and split it in two based on points.

The first group, (the lower half in points) will start “Heat Race One” heads up. Their finishing order will be the inside row for the main event.

The second group (the top half in points) will start “Heat Race Two” inverted by points. Their finishing order will be the outside row for the main event.

That gives the fast cars only eight laps to make it to the front in order to start the main in the front. The more cars, the harder the top guys will have to drive in order to start the main from the front.

Let’s also not forget that announced in the July 2nd TPS Race Bulletin that Jerry Spencer, our Hoosier tire dealer, has posted a tire award at the July 2 race. He said that “If Donnie Moore elects to start last and wins the Feature Race or if another driver wins the race and stops the winning streak of Donnie Moore regardless of Moore’s starting position, that driver will win a TPS Hoosier tire”.

Not a bad deal for Donnie and any driver who is willing to win.

The way I see it, Donnie has some options here…

Drive hard in the heat race, skip the challenge, and drive easier in the main starting from the front…

-or-

Take it easy in the heat, skip the challenge, and start the main further back but be able to take his time working to the front for the main…

-or –

Drive hard in the heat race, take the challenge, and then use his skill and equipment to work his way from the back to the front.

Personally, I suspect 70 to drive his butt off in both races, but not sure if he will take the challenge.

For everyone else, the options are simple. If you want to win (and the chances for a win is within reach of any of our drivers or the Texas Thunders, if, and only if,) they do their homework, stay patient, and have luck on their side for the night!! Add a free tire to the pot and hey, it will make that victory all the sweeter. If one of you thunders win the tire, I am sure a TPS driver would buy it from you. That more hard, cold cash!! The odds are in favor of someone other than the 70 winning this race.

I am hoping for another Honda victory, myself!!

Don’t miss these racing opportunities with TPS on July 2nd!!.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived