Rule Update at CC Speedway

I can pretty much assure you the car woud be faster if you change the cam. You really dont have to of a radical bottom end for that cam and Lalo told me he ran the 620 lift. Bobby ran that 651 for first 2 races last year and then went to the 620 and was a whole lot faster.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would be quicker yes .has its advantage ad dis advantage . but aslong as the driver and owner likes it its fine with me .if i ran the gears that randy ran it would be a bullet but its not as bad as you might think .at cc its a scary cam when it comes on you really have to whatch how you use it or you.ll be in the grass with the wieght thats on the car now a smaller cam like yous would really help .that car was scarry quick when it was only 2300 pounds .in kyle that cam pulls harder down the strieghts jack lalo serge and jammie has seen that .but i agree with you it would be quicker .

I GUESS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT WHEN ANOTHER DRIVER WAS RACING THE CAR THAT NIGHT . TIM HAS A FAST CAR NO ARGUMENT FROM ME .LAO COULD RUN 15 TEENS MID THAT IS . AND THAT DRIVER WAS NOT GETTING ALL :D IT HAD . YOU READY FOR CC .OR YOU GOING TO STAY DIRT .

mike remember lalo went to a smaller cam so he could play a little more on the adjustments yea and lalo had a different driver in the car so he wasnt used to the car he didnt fit right lalo is a big man. joey had a hard time reaching the peddals . so the car wasnt running as fast as it should have and if you guys really think you are so hot . go run with the tps for several races the cars there are fast . you have a lot of guys that know what they are doing

hey we have race tps and have proved a point so if your so fast lets line them up and see what you got .. i took the pole in my firts tps race at cc and finished 2nd. and in sas started 5th and finished 2nd both times i was right on leaders A$$ and yes i will race in sas in october

PS:: And we know what were doing too ... so build a car lets race

Steven,the Rousch Team ( our pet name for Tims bunch because they have so many Fords like Jack Rousch) doesnt have to proove anything.They race more than their computer.They are very fast and dont fall apart all the time.In 3 years they have 1 championship on asphalt and are leading in points right now on a dirt track with very little experience.They have much respect from their peers and have all the FWDs worried about when they find that tiny bit we cant stay up anymore.A broken motor is only an irritation to them,not the end of the world.If you want to see a really fast and hard charging Ford team,go to STS tonight and watch.I do agree they have a very good chance at winning a Pro Sedan race with the correct tires,slicks are worth at least half a second.Maybe we can work out something where all the thunders can attend a Pro Sedan race together.Im sure you woant make it,broken pistons an all.So dont make challanges to my guys that you cant back up.Im proud of all the Thunder guys and they dont have to proove anything to anybody.I do wish Neil would find a way to include Legacy cars,there not so fast they have a special advantage and would really look cool.Maybe an invited class like some of the others.

Thumper that would be awesome to have 30 plus cars at SAS,would love to see all work together ,the CC guys have ran good with us. Would really like to have the time to repair my car,haven't got to touch it since unloading it April 15th.

I will race any car you wanna put up to my car. I have a fast car and i will proove it CRT. I can honestly sit here and say i have a fast car. My car turned a 16.3 on street tires with the worlds wosre push. Give me a set of slicks and the toe set right and i promise you i can hit low 15s on CC any day.

aint this fun guys good old fashion my cars better than yours . wouldnt that be fun toget all the cars on one track .whew wee .i though t ej s car .was fast. in sas and cc .id like to see him and tim and oh yes even gb run sas or kyle neon will ..too .hey gb 4 broken pistons .and 20 feet away from second .finished 5 th i would say that makes a statement . hey yah have good luck tonight .dont tear anything up .ok .

ok guys your missing my point im not saying that your slow but i have the tapes and so does mike we turned 16.03 on street tires on a regular basis . i ran with the pro sedans and finished in the top three a couple of times running cc rules .im just saying its different when you run tps on a regular basis there are several drivers that are fast and you know youll be chasing them donnie - bill labarge- the dishmans it just takes a different attitude and if i find the right car i will build another mustang and you will see me on the track again i figure youngest son is 13 so if i build a car for next year i get to race it and he can learn and when he is 16 he can start driving so people be ready for the return of crt

16.03 on street tires. i doubt that. maybe 17.03

steven is correct steven you forgot scott broke the record. at 1583 in 1988 on street tires see thease young drivers dont think we really are telling the truth when we say somthing like that in facted if anyone wants to see any videos i and steven have some . and i as a rookie in 1989 with a 2000 eng with just a cam and a 5200 carb raced at 1623s on average and faster .with street tires .

and before you have something to say over what we said .that track is id say a half or more slower than then so you figure today from then and its perty close .scott came out to the track after the 500 carb was alould.and the first thing he said was thats the fastest time these drivers can run with that carb 1640 . boy what we could of done back then with the eng yah have now . then we could only bore them out and run stock rods and cheap pistons heavy flywheels . and all .5200 carbs . so today the times are close .

i have someone copying all of my mini stock races from vhs to dvd so if anyone wants a copy of the tapes ill be able to make one or if you contact donna i bet she still has some of the masters out there ( i think she is still with mike carlock )

`we were alould springs no after market swaybars. stock oem shocks in stock only mounts .nothing fancy at all our cars stevens my two cars garys eric jeff and most drivers went to jerry edwards house and used his spring raiter to set springs . we used to spend 6 to 7 days aweek working on defferent set ups .. we were always doing our home work .there was very few after market cages .most were built with boiler pipe heavy .no tide in fraime period .the cars today are ten fold over those cars if you want to see old style car look at lisa .s that was the last car i built for myself .in 1992 .and whats funny that car was a big argument with the way i was putting it together .the track had to come over to see what all the fuss was about .they allmost didnt let it run ..those were the days .

mikes going a little earlyer than i am we could change springs but it wasnt suposed to be racing springs i ran a 800 lbs spring in the right front left front was a 650 had a pair of 175 for the rear out of a old toyota there was no weight jacks but i had spring spacers in the front and rear so it was adjustable just not as easy as weight jacks i ran a 345 rear end with the 198 transmission set it up to run the high groove cause you mustang guys knows with that comb it would be slow out of the turns unless your running high to keep the rpm's up had a 30 over motor with keith black pistons ,solid lifter head with a crower cam if you guys dont beleave the times talk to several of the old timers david horton, neon will ( he was pinto will back then ) opal pappy green , old man gb ( i cannt tell you how many times he toke me out on the last lap of the feature ) jesse mike and mark villareal ( i know i spelled that wrong) and i dont mind answering questionthe first two mustang build in this town was pop's and 1 other dont remember the guys name second night he was there he lost it slammed the wall and never came back well people turn left and have fun

Archived