Rule Update at CC Speedway

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 if frank gose out and buys the wins tell him i want to know how much it cost .so.s i could buy one to . :D did you read between the lines on what gb said .i really dont think he mean it this way but buying the wins could also mean ya cant drive . ooooooooh .so gb thats not want you were saying was it . :lol:

As far as looking like a bunch of turtles...if you had been on the slick track, you might change your tune...btw, how many times have you raced dirt? I have had more fun on the dirt and had more fun and time racing instead of working all week to fix a torn up car. As far as exciting, I haven't talked to anyone yet that said it was boring, must be a special section in the stands for that. Anyway, i wish the best for everyone, wherever they decide to race and as Owen says "have fun" which I intend to do...just my .25 worth... :unsure:

There is no between the lines,just straight talk.Why cant anyone tell me what the purse will be at CC for thunders?With the new rules package,I will need to buy a few things to upgrade because its allowed now.A 500 carb,new springs,shocks to match a few engine upgrades,,etc.The price of a competetive car just went up.Im not saying I woant do it,I just want to know if its worth it.I dont have a problem spending what I can recover.I believe the new package will be much faster.Looking at about a 15.80 by not spinning the LF tire and a large increase in power.HOW MUCH???????????.If it pays the same theres no reason to change.I am going to beat that Neon soon enough.At eather track.I just want to make money.

Rick, You have a valid point. Several racers have sent me video clips of the new (old) dirt track and they're a blast to watch. The closest thing here in the desert to a race we've seen is the ones I've rcvd from several racers in different classes. Fireball Eddy Ross has finally found his grove hasn't he! If anyone out there does taping and transfers them to DVD's, there's a bunch of us Sailors and Marines over here in the desert would love to see them. The 20 DVD's we have are getting worn out and we'd like to see some racing, just good clean fun. Give them to the #44 Rick Russell and he can drop them off to my wife around the corner for mailing. Please include your name as to who sent them, and my Sailors and Marines will gladly send a million thanks to all you videographers who fortake this task for us. Any little thing means allot.

Any of you racers at tracks far and near are welcome to send yours also.

Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ)

Pit Crew for the #34, 35 and 84 until I got sent back to the desert for a second tour.

I have edited or deleted several posts in this thread.

Please take any family squbbles and personal arguements up in person and not here on Texas Speed Zone.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Race where ever you want to race guys just have fun.

Frank I am sorry you did not enjoy the show out at STS this weekend, we are doing the best we can. I do disagree I thought the Thunder race was a good race, the 12 and 21 did good, the 77 came from last to second and did not get upset for going to the back, there was plenty of good racing out there, the worst show of the night was the modifieds in my opinion because of the cautions, maybe your CC blinders got in the way of what was actually happening. Anyway enjoy the asphalt or dirt, I just want to have a good time and see side by side racing.

GB, how about this next race $250 to win $40 to start just to show the guys that have been supporting STS that we appreciate it.

OWEN, I DONT HAVE ANY UNDERLYING MOTIVES FOR OR AGAINST EITHER TRACK AND I HOPE YOU KNOW AND BELIEVE THAT, I JUST DONT SEE THE TEXAS THUNDER CLASS AS MUCH AS SHOW AS IT USED TO BE AND I WISH THERE WAS AN ANSWER TO MAKE IT MORE COMPETETIVE.

LIKE YOU I JUST WANT TO RACE AND HAVE FUN BUT, THE TT CLASS NEEDS SOME HELP AND THEN MAYBE I WONT BE ACUSED OF BUYING WINS.

I KNOW THE FWDS ARE LOVING IT AND I GUESSS IF THE TABLE WAS TURNED I WOULD TOO BUT, BOTTOM LINE YOU HAVE A FEW RWDS THAT CAN RUN UP FRONT BUT, I DONT SEE ANY FWDS IN THE BACK.

I have edited or deleted several posts in this thread.

Please take any family squbbles and personal arguements up in person and not here on Texas Speed Zone.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

NICK THANK YOU FOR DELETEING THAT I APOLOGIZE AND AGREE THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.

I WAS A UPSET AND HAVE BEEN FOR AWHILE WITH THE PERSON I DIRECTED IT TO, COMBINED WITH ALL THE CHATTER ABOUT ME BUYING WINS, I JUST LOST COMPOSEUR AND POSTED WHAT I FELT AND THAT WAS WRONG AGAIN I APOLOGIZE.

THE PERSON I DIRECTED THE POST AT KNOWS WHO HE IS AND I WISHED HE WOULD COME TALK TO ME SOON!

Uncle Frank,you are very correct that TT needs help.What it needs is a purse that matches the level of competetion thats available.Also it needs the wall between V8 cars and 4 cyl cars broken down so Thunders will be accepted as a bonified racing class.Even bomers get more respect than thunders because people think only a V8 is a race car although no bomer can run with eather of our cars.You want to help?Get some well known V8 car drivers to race a 4 cyl so they can see how fast it really is.And get the purse high enough to attract some of the experienced V8 guys.I would love to hear how you would attract new people to our class,just havent heard anything but complaining about other cars so far.Why not start some positive things now.You have some great cars and talanted drivers that deserve more than what they have to endure with all the negative things.I hereby throw the challange to you to see who can recrute the most new talent and benifit Thunder Car racing in Corpus Christi the most.Let the games begin. :ph34r:

This Sat is a good oppourtunity to support Thunder car racing.Several sponsors have put up extra money for us as a class and we should support this race.Its not about who has the best ideas or whos track is better,its about Thunder cars in general.The race is there,the moneys there it should be ALL thunders to answer the call and show what we can do.CC is not open yet,its a fact you will not tear up your car and anybody can win.Its not exactly like the run/brung race but its what we have right now.All you CC cars need to test run your cars and here your chance to do it for a good purse.The show is whats important,thats what we have to sell.The secret to having both tracks work together is to support eather one on special events.Owen was going to give thunders a nite off to race at CC in the run/brung race to support thunders and racing in general.Put politics aside and go for it.We have to start somewhere if we ever want a really big show with lots of money.How bout it Frank,your cars will be there,can you bring others?

to large a cam 651 . 208 valves .intake when we bought this motor it a was later model .than what we use to run the older blocks and pistons didnot need alot of fly cut . these newer type pistons that are like yours have to be cut alittle more than the old on our mototr just to clear and we dont have the head cut much .so our pistons are alittle more likely to break .they are only breaking at the top were the valve relieve are .not hurting the block .we heard the break in sas but still ran them .so i am going to order a thicker gasket and go back to the old piston s oh they broke cuz we got it hot in sas and of corse that made it ping doing in the pistons

but mike if you go to a thicker gasket youll lose some of your chamber and that = less speed back off your cam timming a degree but if you dont have the head cut very much doesnt make sense the alum head should have lots of clearance if you havent shaved it now are the pistons breaking or burning could be pre ignition but i cannt see that on all 4 pistons

but mike if you go to a thicker gasket youll lose some of your chamber and that = less speed back off your cam timming a degree but if you dont have the head cut very much doesnt make sense the alum head should have lots of clearance if you havent shaved it now are the pistons breaking or burning could be pre ignition but i cannt see that on all 4 pistons

steven our head has 50 cut off it and our cam is at zero /runs better there timing is 34 .block is zero .we had the valves and piston clearence check ed when we got that block .for some reason that block and those piston were a different match up so the flycut had to be more than the last set up we ran. your welcome to look .the block is around 89 model our old blocks were 70s . i took some of our old piston too the eng shop and showed him the differents ..when we got that block back then .and so like i said jessie got it hot in sas and sence the flycut was pushing the line we could not get it hot or else .remember 651 lift .. but ill get it fixed .oh and i run the fuel in the rich side becuz of those piston .

Dude go to a smaller cam go to like the 620 lift 651 is way to much.

jessie likes that cam ran it four years now i would like a smaller cam but lalo had the same one we had . if he still had it he would run it in sas .so it runs great at the tracks we want it to .not bad at cc for a half mile cam .just going to change pistons .

Archived