Rule Update at CC Speedway

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i think the rules are simple .they did a good job except where they put in for prosedans .they need to atleast make them run what ever min rule that tps has on any one given car .its not clear about that you dont want me to pull all the wieght and resrtictor off and then go and get the tires that most of the fast cars from last year had .that would not be fair to some .our car will get down to 2160 .the kind of power that is hidding now would come out .i know im not helping our car if we came out to run sometime .but at the same time you dont want it wild ..just some thought .don i think its good to run tps cars if they want the tire rule is good but .

I would like to thank everyone for your input. I am attempting to find an even playing field with all the different types of cars that are out there. This set of rules is going to be my baseline and I am sure that I WILL HAVE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS as we progress.

OLDTIMER,

Read the bottom line in the rules..............read slowly so you understand.........j/k

I need a set of go, no-go gages for the holley 500cfm any help on that???

I would like to thank everyone for your input. I am attempting to find an even playing field with all the different types of cars that are out there. This set of rules is going to be my baseline and I am sure that I WILL HAVE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS as we progress.

OLDTIMER,

Read the bottom line in the rules..............read slowly so you understand.........j/k

ratdaddy i cant read slowly i.ll fall to sleep .snore if you make pictures that might help :lol: p :lol:

OLDTIMER,

my eyes cant read slow they will fall to sleep [snore ] :lol: but i did read it and my eyes saw but my mined didnt see .darn i forgot to engage my brain. :D

like the rules as stated for starters, need a starting place to work from, as for the prosedans, I think that this will give more of them an equal chance, some of the high torque ones may not be able to use all that with the smaller street tires and even with some suspension adjusments. It will be interesting to watch and learn. Hope that the practice dates can be late in the week as we would like to make it but its a four hr. drive one way.

Set up is always cheaper than eng .i.d rather have set up than motor out of this world .just like on the dirt the eng yah have are no use to you if you cant put it to the ground .same with asphaught. .springs 100 dallors eng 1500 to what ever ..which would you want .

tim on tires our car spins slicks down the strieght away as it is now .and so did lalo.s at cc .those tires yah ran could not do better than those .cant put the power to them .but they handle through the turns purty close . .if we were to run out there with the 7 car my best bet would to put a slower motor together .

OLDTIMER, ARE YOU ALL GOING TO RUN AT C.C. ? WHAT KIND OF ENGINE WOULD YOU PUT TOGETHER TO RUN AT C.C. FOR THE 7 CAR.HOW FAST WAS THE 7 CAR AT C.C. NEVER SAW IT RUN WITH 12,21,77,14, 46 AND ALL THE OTHER FAST THUNDERS AT C.C. WHERE DOES IT STAND WITH THESE CARS?

I know that some people like the new rules and some don't ......thats a given.......no matter what rules are in place.

However for the first time in the four years of being associated with CC Speedway it finally appears that parity is trying to be achieved and I personally feel that this is a step in the right direction to putting on good racing and a good show for the people who pay the bills THE FANS!

I also have talked with several Texas Thunder drivers that are racing dirt right now and from what I gather everyone seems to say the same thing...........

"I' m going where the car count is"

Well let me give you something to think about, last week I went to the dirt track and watched all the classes run and what I saw was some very boring racing going on except for the modifieds and I talked to several people in the stands and they said the same thing.

It appears the excitement is gone and I'm not talking about crashing and tearing up equipment but simply good old fashion racing.

And also for the first time I was embarassed to be associated with the Texas Thunder Class with an all time low car count compounded with something I dont know how to describe other than the cars looked like slow moving turtles and was nothing like it use to be.

Last year the TT cars were darn near as fast as the Super Streets and Faster than the Pure Stock now that is not saying that the other classes are slower at CC but, what I'am saying is that at CC the TT cars put on as good of a show as the other classes and now we look like a bunch novice turtles running around the track, nothing like last year, a Four cylinder Class that gave the crowd something to cheer or booh about either way it was as good of racing as the rest of the classes. So if the car count is what will drive some of your choices, do what I did, go to the stands watch and you tell me if the class looks as exciting as it did in the past.

I apologize to the STS staff but it is what it is. Maybe the tracks should consider working with each other STS one week and CCS the next.

evolution the eng is really tomuch for the tires if i was to put one together for here cast head with just a good cam .nothing fansy .stock rods and so forth .then take out some wieght .role back the wieght jacks to soffen the car .as you know lalo ran with street tires really slowed him down couldnt use whats under the hood also when we did run the 7 car it was just for fun didnt want to get in the way of those guys .and the tires were two years old but if we wanted to we could of put some on and been up there with them .as lalo could have .half gas is all we could use .with those tires .those boys are fast they are good they would be a hand full .but thats what it is all about aint it .we dont have any plans on running it out there as of now .got some tps races we want to run see you there .good day

How much is the purse?With all this exciting racing going on it must be good,like 350 to win and I dont mean when the car count gets to 50 or so.What about heat money?Im trying to decide weather to get out my spare Ghia.With gas prices as they are,I have to make trip money to race.80$ in fuel now.Truck only.Will this be announced or is it a secret?

let me say this it might look slow but we are on a wider and bigger track .. and i am having way more fun then i ever had at CC .. the dirt you are always working the wheel and have fun and having to change up with the track it changes unlike cc its alway the same so if you people want to have fun RACE DIRT its a bigger track more room less body work and i think it cheeper on the walet to ... but this is just my 2 cents :D

Race where ever you want to race guys just have fun.

Frank I am sorry you did not enjoy the show out at STS this weekend, we are doing the best we can. I do disagree I thought the Thunder race was a good race, the 12 and 21 did good, the 77 came from last to second and did not get upset for going to the back, there was plenty of good racing out there, the worst show of the night was the modifieds in my opinion because of the cautions, maybe your CC blinders got in the way of what was actually happening. Anyway enjoy the asphalt or dirt, I just want to have a good time and see side by side racing.

GB, how about this next race $250 to win $40 to start just to show the guys that have been supporting STS that we appreciate it.

I AGREE WITH 21 THE DIRT IS A CHALLENGE , IN WHAT I HAVE SEEN FROM ASPHALT THERE IS ONLY ONE GROOVE AND THE ONLY WAY TO PASS IS PUSHING CARS AND TEARING THEM UP.OWEN AND THE STS CREW ARE DOING A GREAT JOB PUTTING ON A SHOW. THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE A CHALLENGE.

The dirt is a challeng .track changes everylap .thats one thing dirt racing provides .changes . sawing on a stearing wheel is fun .but close nit racing on a short asphualt track puts the driver in another zone .first you got to have set up .got to be able to drive with in an inch at high speed of each other .got to know when to go .and not to .both are the same in alot of ways .for me i always love the challeng of running very very close rubbing paint and tires without crashing .not always lucky . alot of the crashed out cars i saw was from just plain wild driveing . you cant drive beyond your car and driving abuility .without something happening we all have done that before . when i drove the 7 car the last night last year i didnt crash anyone could have thow .but at the same race had one driver block me dangerously .and hit me once when i was on the outside passing and then thought i should be taken out and desided to ram me in turn one and without thinking of others wrecked two other cars at the same time .i myself finished .you have to be smart .i finished second to a rookie driver in the heat race the night before i used my head in stead of my foot .you know he thank me for not hitting him now he.ll remember that and if ever has the chance will pay me back someday . have fun at both guys .

Well,I hate Neons but I like money.And Franks been embarrassing us for years now so Im glad we were able to return the favor.I am puzzled however,I have raced as hard as I can every race at STS and it did not feel slow to me.In fact 21 and I raced the entire feature after I finally got to him.Thats after racing 12 super hard to get there.I was super tired afterward.All the guys racing there are learing chassis really well and will be lots better when they return to asphalt.On a positive note,Uncle Frank should be able to buy those wins he wants with the new rules packages.I know most of the other Ford teams cant match his pocketbook.Still waiting for the purse to see if I want to try for it.Dont like the open to adjustments part of the rules package,might have to start a lap down next.If the money is good,might do it anyway.In any case thank you Frank for getting us more money for this Sat at STS.Watch out Neon,theres several of us gunning for you now.And the bounty just went up to $2.09,I found another quarter.The Pro Sedans are having a double feature @ 500$ to win each in July and 1000$ to win in Oct.And hopefully Gator will have the 3000$ to win Halloween again.Ahhhhh,I love money. Thumper btw,congrats Will

G.B I know my uncle does or says things that I dont agree with but you sitting here bad mouthing him saying he should be able to buy the wins is a bunch of bull you know what. He doesnt have a big pocket book he goes out and find sponsors maybe you should [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/15/06] try to find a sponsor to help you out.

Archived