pump gas only

ford12

Hey Will look at the idiots that were tech. back then to. I will forget more about race cars than they will ever even know.

Then why don't you volunteer to work with the track in the tech area instead of putting the tech people down?

Nick Holt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford12

If you want to become a Tech official here's your chance. I could use someone with all that knowledge busting out at the seams.

All Thunder Drivers....I appreciate all the responses on TSZ. The drivers meeting that we are going to have tomorrow will to bring up some of the issues that have been brought up on this forum and I suggest that if you have an issue come out and we will discuss it openly and calmly. WE are here to revamp CCS not to tear it down. I appreciate all the input and all I ask is that we all work together to bring asphalt racing back to what it was.....FUN for the drivers and exciting for the FANS.

Thank you

Good point twister, I noticed that too, especially at CC, handling will make up a lot of ground. All of those top cars, not only in the Tx Thunders, but all of their classes, handled well. Those guys that could run the low AND the high line were successful. If you had a car that would stick high, you had something good going.

kind of funny you said cars set to run high have something . i agree i set the tps 7 car to run high in sa .we won . now everyone that had the guts ran up there this year .got to set the car up to move to another grove .

Ratdaddy i have always admired your patience and sencerity .forgive my spelling .you seem always to be calm.havent seen you get rattled to much .so everyone needs to be nice about all this .lets have a great meeting .and i know i have cars but ill help with what ever i can .when i can .

Do away with the claim rule and allow Pro Sedans to race Thunders and you will have a Pro Sedan class.If racing springs,shocks and aftermarket sway bars are allowed,so are coilover.And 3rd link suspensions.Also tube chassis.Another words,forget the Thunder Car rules and go Pro Sedan rules all the way.Be prepaired to spend 8K or more to be competetive.Might as well use slicks too.That way the tire dealer wins all the prize money.In fact that was what we had exactly in 2000 and thats why the minis were dropped.4 cars faster than the Super Streets by 1/2 second.And 8 cars total.The rules are supposed to protect the people that run this type of car,anybody who would spend over 3000 to race should and mostly do race limited modified or modifieds.Pro Sedans allow upgrades to Thunder Cars to be competetive so any Pro Sedan should downgrade to race Thunders.The claim rule is to protect a real Thunder from someone racing a 10,000 car against the junk yard specials we race.Once you have one its too late.I would trade my winning car and 1250$ for a car like Randy Lees Pro 4 car even if I did not race it.I could sell it and build 3 more VWs and have change.I would not race against it because I have no chance and cannot spend enough to have a chance. And remember,the weight penality for allowing Pro Sedans to race with Thunders has not been established. CC Speedway needs to define what kind of car they want to race and look out for the regular guy.There was a full field of cars in 2005 so those rules worked.Too wild or too mild and the winner will be the dirt track.They have an 800 and swap claim.Make CC Thunders too expensive and thats where they will be.Except for 5 or 6 cars who spend too much.Keep the claim,stay away from racing tires and suspension parts and keep stock bodies and anyone has a chance.Too much horsepower does not help if you cant hook it up.People say the rules are written for my benifit but the fact is more rules have been written against me so I am staying home tomorrow.Cant make the trip anyway,5 hours driving time.I just hope you guys dont shoot yourselves in the foot.I am planning to race CC if its not ruined.Just let history be considered.

GB i suppose the rules you see or dont see .that have been in place for how long has worked out perty good for you .i dont have count but you won your share of races at cc .and the rear as fwd .if you think the claime rule keeps out the money cars your not paying attention .cuz the heads on some these cars are not cheap .hell roller cam s are not cheap and not many cars have stock springs. and springs would be cheaper ..than moters yes we have a very high dollar motor .we chose that .but when have you seen our high dollar car win aganst you .most of those guys out there work on handle .and wihout good springs they cant even keep up with you on your worst day .but thats the way you like it you dont like comp. easy road .just my point .and ofr as tps cars other than tires we have to run at cc with there rules .so those tires you run dont help us much .so it evens out for your side .and btw didnt you fouth in the tps race at cc on the back bumper of lalo . and you was not running slicks . <_<

Last year I ran a TPS legal car and still chased GB, so what are you worried about? The claimer rule is nothing short of communistic. And as usual we have to have the conversation on inexpensive racing. Aint no such thing. Also I think we have all seen from the paid outs at STS what inexpensive cars bring in the way of race purses.

GB i know your not knocking on us and the money we spend in our cars but what are you worryed about. If you only spend a couple of hundred bucks in your motor and still kick are butts like you do. Then why complain about someone spending money to be fast. It dont me any. You still come out and lay a lap time down that makes me and other think maybe your holding out on what your motor really has.

And Nick@ Ratdaddy if i didnt race a car i would take you up on your offer on being tech guy at least if i did tech i would make sure it was straight down the middle like its suppose to be. I have seen people get tech and the guy doing it wasnt being very fair with one car to the next. And i have also seen the guy tech and just didnt know what he was saying or doing. I think if your gonna tech a carb or throttle body on the fi cars then you need to tach all top 3 cars. I remember 2 years ago the tech guy check my brothers car and will neon for carb and throttle body but didnt check GB vw. Then i ask why and they said they disnt know nothin about his carb.. Wwll i geuss they needed to learn then wouldnt you say. I know i dont everything there is to know but i promise you i know more than they ever will.

I cant make the drivers meeting thursday so all I can say is we cant let G.B. and those fast fords run at ccms. Just kidding, again. The rules do need to be the same between ccms and sts, we already dont have enough cars for both tracks. Proly right now would not be a good time to change a bunch of rules. Anyway, (as G.B.would say) Neon Will

And Nick@ Ratdaddy if i didnt race a car i would take you up on your offer on being tech guy at least if i did tech i would make sure it was straight down the middle like its suppose to be. I have seen people get tech and the guy doing it wasnt being very fair with one car to the next. And i have also seen the guy tech and just didnt know what he was saying or doing. I think if your gonna tech a carb or throttle body on the fi cars then you need to tach all top 3 cars. I remember 2 years ago the tech guy check my brothers car and will neon for carb and throttle body but didnt check GB vw. Then i ask why and they said they disnt know nothin about his carb.. Wwll i geuss they needed to learn then wouldnt you say. I know i dont everything there is to know but i promise you i know more than they ever will.

Timmy, if you were my tech man I would just give up racing and sit at home and drink beer LOL!

You'll find that becoming a race official means you will probably lose some of your former racing friends. But it's worth it knowing that you have at least tried to make racing better by doing your best.

Nick Holt

I kind of miss having our ownpaid by the drivers teck man .the track has its hand full with other class.es .it worked out really good in the early 90.s .22.cars and 17 deferent winners .eric jonhson lost the championship .becuz of a small mistake on his flywheel .in 91 .by a teck man that i and two other drivers worked under . and eric was our boss and friend the man did not let many things get past him .and if so didnt stay past him long .he kept a log on cars .

Run the rules from last year, but add a weight after multiple feature wins.

2 wins adds 25lbs.

4 wins adds additional 40lbs. = 65lbs

5 wins adds additional 40lbs. = 105lbs

Nobody has to change cars, shocks, carbs, or eliminate FI cars. Just add weight to level the field.

You got to give it to those tech men, they got a hard job. I know I could not do it. And I know Timmy could not do it. Who knows, someday when I get done racing maybe I will become a tech man.Ill have a head start on this high tech E.F.I. stuff anyway.

2 wins adds 25lbs.

Nobody has to change cars, shocks, carbs, or eliminate FI cars. Just add weight to level the field.

????

2 wins adds 25lbs.

.Its been done before not always the answer .but it still happens today in some series .

You'll find that becoming a race official means you will probably lose some of your former racing friends. But it's worth it knowing that you have at least tried to make racing better by doing your best.

Nick Holt

Nick my wife scores sometimes and one thing she never did anyone a favor .she put me to the back i was the leader .when someone spun me .frank hogh told her to put me back up front .but she said no and that was the rules .but she never lost respect for or from drivers . so yes your right .but get the respect of the drivers by be.ing fair .and the track and you got it made .if you loose your real friends then they were.nt good friends to begin with .

To all concerned,Its very hard to be a competetive driver,let alone trying to bust a driver that drives well and knows his stuff!The tech guy needs to know eveyones cheat.The driver just needs to know his own cheat and hope noone will catch it! I believe GB could compete with anyone just relying on his experience and knowledge.I have never talked to GB but i KNOW he can drive! We all wish we could be a freak of nature and defeat the best! But the story remains,GB can win!Lets put that aside and figure what yall could do to beat him! Find a tech guy that knows MOSES and lets see what GB could do. I think we do not want to know what will happen.Yes,he can be beat,but it will pretty damn hard.Thats why i tried(short lived) and failed miserably.Every ministock is doing a great job especially (gilpen clan,neon will).Not to mention a few other select mustang ,pintos.Dont give up,and dont be discouraged.Be happy to say you beat one of the best or got close! I wish i could say that! FRED

Will I got wind of one .IM not sure what it has or what the car really was didnt get the guys phone . but i can track him down .let you know soon.what year is it .the car was wrecked .came into the store said he wanted to get rid of it .

Archived