Donnie Moore sweeps SAS

1989 we had one vw 9 pintos no mustangs and when the vw broke i t made for a boring race all pinto.s and we drove them .garanteed a pinto would win . :lol: i like pro sedans and thunders becuz not only fun but different.type cars .the one thing about it people get to have different type to rute for its not all one kind of car..pro sadans have vw mustang s pinto .s bmw hondas .chevy datson and so forth .yes its hard on neil and staff to regulate i commend them for that .and people like me sometimes gripe .always looking out for what we want. but who dont. my point is we need more brands running .gets more fans involved. heck i even like neons [oops ] : :blink: there will always be complaints . thats the nature of it all .look at nascar does toyota ring a bell .vw .s still need to be there.

Thanks to Randy,Mike,Oldtimer,and others there are some wise comments about TPS. The car mix is great and Neil and his crew do a thankless job trying to keep the cars evenly natched,while listening to all of us whine.

Anything can happen in a race and suggesting that rules should be changed based on wins after one fourth of the season doesn't make sense. Potential of cars should be considerd. Didn't two mustangs break the track record bigtime at SAS this year?

So lets stop bending the elbow and start twisting wrenches.

And to ford12 better you sick than us!

DEL: Your comment about several cars besting the standing TPS lap record at San Antonio Speedway was well taken.

The previous record of 22.390 seconds was set on October 16, 2004 by six time TPS Champion Bill LaBarge in his BMW with a 2083cc engine.

Bill's record stood for a year and a half. On March 11, 2006 four cars broke that record. The first three new records were posted by RWD cars. The 4th fastest was a FWD car.

For the record, consider their new record times:

1st - #1 - Bryce Dishman/Ford Mustang/2349cc (RWD) - 21.910 seconds

2nd - #2 - Jack Dishman/Ford Mustang/2060cc (RWD) - 21.940 seconds

3rd - #27 - Todd Farris/BMW 2085cc - (RWD) - 22.090 seconds

4th - #70 - Donnie Moore/VW Scirocco/1690cc (FWD) - 22.310 seconds

Again, the previous record was a really fast 22.390 seconds.

The four new records validated TPS rules as equally governing the wide variety of cars which compete in the Texas Pro Sedan series.

I rest TPS's case.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

why is anybody surprised? For many years Donnie has been one of the best car builders and drivers around here? I remember him finishing in the top 5 @ TWS in his Mustang that had a 289 CID in super stock.

This dude is good, cream of the crop! Congrats to the entire #70 race team.

The fords may have the track record in SA but, several have timed the 70 car this past weekend at a fast 21.6's,

he was way ahead of any ford or any car for that matter,

yes he is a great chassis builder and driver, and they have that scirrocco handling great with a good team, no ones taking that away from him but, handling or no handling he has got alot of straight away speed, and they don't get slowed down, however when a ford get's fast they either get restricted or teched so far it's unbelievable, i am not knocking neil in any way for the rules he's got but something got to happen, or he's going to lose alot of cars, and as TPS48 mentioned about car count, i'd hate to see this happen and i don't want it to.

How fast does a TPS car go at SA? I need a top speed so I can figur out what gear to run. At CCMS I had a top speed of almost 73 at a 16.2 lap. I used a gps to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Neon Will

will around 100 to 110.plus .i said it before .randy ran 97 in pract one day and that was gooffing off .the man had a gun said later they ran 107 .97 i saw myself .dont have a calcalater on hand but figure distance . whith the time it takes to get around .you.ll get perty good ideal.

neon14 - You asked, " How fast does a TPS car go at SA? I need a top speed so I can figure out what gear to run. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Neon Will"

Steven Jung, the Chief scorer at SAS calculated Bryce Dishman's Ford Mustang lap average when he clocked the official fastest lap ever turned by a TPS car at the 1/2 mile high banked track.

His time of 21.910 seconds averaged 82.19 mph which means about 89 mph top speed. (Note: I posted the average speed correction Thursday afternoon after returning from my brothers funeral in Houston).

neon14 You should get ready for July 15 when TPS returns to SAS for a Twin Features format race again. On October 7, TPS will join all three USRA classes for Octobertfast. At the last TPS drivers meeting Terry Dickerson said he would add $1,000 to the TPS purse for the winner of that 30 lap TPS race because of TPS's outstanding car count.

FYI - Double A: In the meantime, TPS officials will continue to do what TPS rules say and monitor performance of the best race records by the top contenders (by class of car). If the FWD VW's are deemed to fast as a group, their specifications will be adjusted. We will do that just like we have done to improve performance by the Fords. (Note: It appears that several didn't read the 2006 rules carefully enough to discover most restrictor plates had been removed or increased in size and increased left side percentage weight was allowed to them).

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Congratulations to Donnie and the entire 70 team. Having crewed for the car a couple of years ago, I can say that they are very dedicated to what they are doing. Having finished where they did in points the last 2 seasons, and the results so far this year, I would say kudos on a job well done by the whole team. Looks like we all had better step it up a notch! Lanny

Doing my home work .gots somethings figgured out .going with the rules and alittle adjustments .leave the 70 alone just may give him a run .this is starting to get fun again .no more

complaints .i swear .besides it gets stagnet when theres no one to shoot for .dont care about speed records .that proves to not matter. the race matters .so everyone get out your thinking cap and go to work.and will i think your car can run with the best of us . get the trans figgured out .try a track you have never ran on .will give you insight on the track .and dont forget kyle .

Oldtimer: TPS occasionally announces a field starting limit in the pre Race Bulletin for a specific event. If there is a field limit, it is usually based on smaller track size, how much purse can be afforded, scoring capability etc. If no field size limit is pre-announced, there is no limit.

Only about 20% of all TPS races regulate the field size limit.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived