Rumors and prices

I want to say that I have been going out to SAS for awhile now and really enjoy myself, :D my daughter (10) and father love it as well! I could never get out there and do what y'all do :blink: , I like to go fast, but not with others on my arse! :o We went to the IHRA several weeks ago and heard a rumor that SAS was going to have to close down due to Toyota. Is this true? I hope not! :angry: If so though, are there any plans to rebuild? Second question, are there season tickets available? I have not seen or heard of any, but it would be nice! Thank you and Godspeed! Happy Easter!

I can't believe the rumors are still floating around that Toyota would put the track out of business. But your right, SAS is great place to take the family. Last night we were out of there by 10:30. Had a great time.

well terry would not spend his money on the track if it was true .need to get your friends out there and support the track . . keep coming .

i would like to thank terry for running tps cars .its a fun track . and you really make us fill welcome.

. thanks .

Mike McCain

I heard or read some where that it is only leased till 2011 with no guarantees. Why would someone want to put more into the track. At least we have racing for now and we will support it. Lets just have a few more USRA SLM races here, give the racers more dates to race and I'm sure the fans will show. If it was every 3 weeks for all the series, give it a try since there is a lot of things going on this year. Ask the drivers and see what their opinions are about trying this. Keep the series going and fan count high and interested, got nothing to lose, lets see if it works. It was nice to see the car counts this past weekend a bit higher, that makes it for more exciting racing. There was also a good turn out of "Fans in the Stands", for all the things that were going on this weekend as in EASTER.

Long before TOYOTA even thought about S.A. every year the the rumor of the track closing would surface. In 1999 when i got back in to racing it worried me, but as years went by it was kinda interesting to see what new rumors would get started such as: tearing it down and putting in apartments, gas station, hotels, or a test track for TOYOTA . you could just say it is S.A.s silly season ;)

Archived