Question Regarding Grand Stocks

Guest bigfat

The dash can be removed by unbolting as long as the Vin Plate stays in the stock position. No cutting. It doesn't say anywhere in the rules that it must be removed but I'd call or pm Rick Day.

Guest bigfat

If you go to the SAS home page on the left is a list of links. Click on "Driver's Area" and all the rules for all the classes are there, along with the purse structure and other forms you'll need to get rollin'.

Yea I have those I just needed clarification on that, becuase in the other classes the rules say the oem dash needs to be removed and a metal one constructed... In the GS rules it didnt clearly specify anything about the dash, plus I wasnt even sure if a Cage could go in with a dash there but I guess they can so its all good now... Just need to find a POS car that runs good that I wont mind if I slap the wall in it, while we build our sportsman camero... :)

kn1ghtblade,

We are still learning how the "hardwired" stuff works on all three sites. Debbie Williams and I are fixing a few things at a time, but for someone with no "behind the scenes" website trainging (learning HTML and all that), we are making progress. Please be patient with us..

Nick Holt

kn1ght,

I do know how to modify, add, or delete the driver registration information and add pictures. But with the work we've been doing on the ASA race, I just haven't found the time to work on it. Marc Roy has been taking lots of pictures for me, but he still has plenty more to take (need a head shot and car shot of each driver). After the ASA race is over, I will try to spend some time on updating the driver page. Which Grand Stock do you drive?

I don't drive one yet, I was just hopeing to see how many registered drivers there are... I am about to get a car going that I can race, while we build our camero up for the sportsman class... I was just trying to find out how many GS's there are since it looked like last weekend the field was kinda weak with only 5 cars... Although it did seem like the week before that most of the cars got banged up pretty bad in the crash on the front stretch...

As for me, I hopeing to have our car race ready in about 4-6 weeks or soo I hope!!! Thats a big if though.... We still need to register and everything and get our nascar license but we are takeing our time on that since the car ain't ready yet... We are really hopeing to get in atleast 1 or 2 races this year in the GS's since it looks like the camero won't be good to go till atleast middle of next season at the earliest

Guest bigfat

The Grand Stocks are at the TOP of the list in the DRIVERS AREA link. Well ,I am anyways. lol. DWill hooked me up. As for the car count, It was weak last week. I know that Morlandt electric has 2 cars built and they will be ready by the next race, April 15th at San Antonio's High Banked Asphalt 1/2 Mile Oval which is located at 14901 State Hwy 16 South, San Antonio, TX 78264, 3.5 miles outside Loop 410 (towards Poteet). The majority of the cars the opening weekend were from Thunder Hill. They'll be down periodically with the short schedule they have but I'm not sure if they'll make it to many races. I figure the classs will grow as we get into the season a little further. Hoping anyways. I've also had a couple of people contact me regarding cost and such. If you get ready by the next race watch out for the Red Dodge. It's realllllllllllllllll slow.

Archived