Are we welcome

I have been talking to several Corpus Christi drivers who want to race in San Antonio since our track closed, What do we need to do? Register? How has the car count been in the weekly classes? I know of at least 3 cars planning on coming up next weekend....

I do not have all the details about what you would need to do to get registered at San Antonio Speedway, but SAS General Manager Rick Day does.

Give Rick a call. 210-827-4524.

Nick Holt

spedfrk:

You wrote "several Corpus Christi drivers who want to race in San Antonio since our track closed, What do we need to do? Register?"

If any of the cars are from the CCMS Thunder Class, they should contact:

Neil Upchurch

Race Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Special rules have been written to make it easy and economical for them to race with TPS until their track resumes operation. They will be welcomed to Texas Pro Sedans.

Information is also available on www.TexasPproSedans.com

Mr. Upchurch

why?

"Special rules have been written to make it easy and economical for them to race with TPS until their track resumes operation."

do you really feel bad about CC, or are you looking to bolster the car count at sas..

just a question.

I have been talking to several Corpus Christi drivers who want to race in San Antonio since our track closed, What do we need to do? Register? How has the car count been in the weekly classes? I know of at least 3 cars planning on coming up next weekend....

I'm sure SAS will make you guys feel welcome, but if not, don't hesitate to drive just a little further and check out THR. Our motor rules might be a little closer to yours (in the SS class anyway.)

Shoot me a PM if anyone has any specific questions.

4lugnutz: You wrote - "do you really feel bad about CC, or are you looking to bolster the car count at sas".

The special rules were written before the TPS races at CCMS in 2004 and 2005 at the request of G.B. Carter in behalf of Thunder Car owners. The same three allowances continued to exist for the March 11 race that was to have been held at a track rental of CCMS by USRA on March 11. (That race was moved to SAS).

TPS hasn't done anything new to attract Thunder Cars just because CCMS closed last week.

My sole reason for posting was to remind CCMS cars that if they would like to race on asphalt, TPS offers a convenient opportunity without having to spend money changing their cars. If they want to just remain idle, that is their decision.

A CCMS driver known as "spedfrk" started this thread by asking what he had to do to race at SAS. I was simply responding to his question regarding the four cylinder class.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Neil,

Not counting Red River, there is only 1 asphalt track in Texas that runs a weekly show now. Now do you seriously think touring series that take drivers away from their local tracks help racing especially when that series is nearly exactly the same as a local class? I am kicking myself because last week I saw a car I could have purchased for $800 win and last night he should have won if it wasn't for a late mechanical issue. It costs some of these guys that much just to go and tour EVERY WEEKEND! If drivers don't support their local track all tracks could end up either closed or a reduced schedule. Times change, tracks change, fans change, people change, and cars change. Everyone needs to come together and SUPPORT THEIR LOCAL TRACK!

Jason: As your posted on March 13 when you learned about "Doc's" announcement about not returning to CCMS .....

You said - "2 Good options for these guys. The dirt track at home or TPS".

Thanks for your support - then !

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Jason,

The combative attitude you continually display in your posts on this forum are doing no one any good. They make you appear, well ....... something less than professional in your demeanor. Please accept this observation in the spirit in which it is intended.

How would drivers remaining at home, with their asphalt cars sitting on the trailers be "supporting their local track." Neil, quite obviously was reminding them of the alternative available to them, until such time as the CCMS option becomes available to them.

WE would love to have the Corpus cars come and run at San Antonio Speedway. Give me a call at the speedway and lets see how the rules compare and see what we need to do. Thanks for your time and interest in San Antonio Speedway..

Rick Day

I would love to see more cars at the track, but I do have a question. At what point does a visitor to the track become a regular competitor and thus have to meet the same rules as the rest of the field? While an initial exception/exemption is nice to allow a new competitor to "try out" SAS, it would only be fair to set some standards or time frame in which a visiting racer should meet the SAS rules for the class they wish to race in. This would allow the racers who have declared SAS their track to have some idea of what they are competing against, at least as far as the rules are concerned.

J-III

I total agree with you, we would love to have outside cars come and compete but we dont need to give the farm away. WE do have a rule in the rule book that a visiting car can compete 1 or 2 times (will have to look) with a weight penality, but after that they would have to confirm to the rules. They will have to run our tires and the Drivers are required to have a NASCAR License.

Rick Day

Rick,

Do you see a day in the future where the track in Texas, say (CC,HMP,THR and SAS) would get together and try to do some common rules? We run the Sportsman at SAS and have run once at CC, we also tried to run at THR; but got rained out. My point to ask about common rules is if a driver wanted to run at SAS as a regular and on an off weekend or when a touring series is in, he could go to THR and run...

Since your New, I figured we would ask to see what your thoughts are...

We have NASCAR license applications at the San Antonio Speedway office. Just ask for one when you're at the track or drop by during the week to pick one up.

If you're not from San Antonio, please call Rick Day at 628-1499 to request an application form.

Neil did what he should do. He reminded people of his series and invited them to race. If you want to to race Texas Thunders then run in CC but if you want to do more to your car then run Pro Sedans. There is no promoter out there that is as fair as Neil. You may not like what the rules are but they don't get changed from the beginning to the end of the race and he doesn't take an argument about racing personal. If you have a 4 cylinder car run your local show, but when you get a chance run a Prosedan show and you will have a blast. By the way I'm not related to Neil I'm just a former racer.

i have said a few not so good things lately about tps .but i have gotten that all over sense speaking with neal .it will be a plessure running with tps in the future . but anyone who wants to run sa or kyle .you will have a blast

sa for hi bank and speed. kyle hi speed slight bank quik turns .and a lot of fun .

Archived