Gregg "Doc" Godfrey not Returning to CCMS

NickHolt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO YOU IDIOTS, I KNOW WHERE I WAS I REPLIED ON THIS WEB SITE BECAUSE OWEN HAD REPLIED A FEW POSTS UP IF YOU SCROLL UP AND READ OWENS POST YOU WILL SEE . LOOK I WAS PARTIAL TO THE ASPHALT TRACK BUT THE RACES I HAVE SEEN AT STS HAVE BEEN QUITE A SHOW AND IM SAYING THIS AS A SPECTATOR SO IF YOU CAN PLEASE KEEP YOUR RUDE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. AND ALL IM SAYING IS GOOD LUCK TO OWEN, GARY AND STS PERSONNAL. THANK YOU BHC :ph34r:

bountyhuntercrew we are funnen wth you i am sorry. if you took it wrong .every one gets picked on here .dont take it to hart .as for as i know we are all friends in some shape or form tps 48 is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet . please take my apology sincerely.

Hey old timer I finished working on the car at 1 am Sat morning.

Might have done better if I could have gone to Fri. practice. Just messed up on the set-up. But nothing broke or tore up. It was fun racing 53 Herbie. Maybe I can git it rite next time. Thanks for asking.

tps 48 i see .ok understand i just never seen you run that poorly up there .it happens to the best of us .hope to run good with you in sa in april .just maybe jessie can pull another win there . but 70 was allfull fast .got our work cut out . iff we cant win it i.ll pull for you . unless its you and us going at it.you know how that goes.

no brakes . steven he had something dont know what it was .he darn neared crashed guz he could not slow down.youve ran sa you know what its like to be back as for as he was .handle is one thing passing middle of the

strieght away that way

was not handle it was raw power i thing jack was at a lost for words and probly todd to .if they are just that good .then its going to bee along season for the other guys

I agree with GB on the money deal. No purse money, no racecar. The only thing I disagree on is that the Thunders are the only class that you can pocket money. The key to your statement is if you run in the top three. I'm sure it is different for the SA and Thunderhill guys because they run the racing tires, but in the street stock class with what CC paid out and the tire rule, I actually was able to save some money. That was the only reason I could try the modifieds. But I do agree with you on that deal, a modified is a money sponge! But damn they are fun, even though I don't have a clue on how to run the dirt yet. I've only raced mine one time, but I look forward to learning the car and the dirt.

Anyway, back to the point. Purse money, regardless of whether you think you can make money racing or not, is VERY important for most poor boy racers. $25 bucks is a pit pass. Hopefully in time, when STS gets on it's feet, they can pay out a little more. For now, just have to support what we got.

This is my point exactly.The Super Streets had a great deal with the full purse being the same as the modifieds are now.With the less expensive engines and tires your return was greater than almost any other series.Add big engines and big slicks and the prize money will not pay expenses.Same with Thunder cars.In 1986 we ran outlaw ministocks,virtually the same kinds of cars we race now but with 10" slicks.It paid 300$ to win but we couldnt win enough to race both our cars.Tires were 125$ each and lasted about 2 nites on the right.We were fast,breaking under the 15 sec mark,but the racing wasnt good and the car count was poor.Eventually the class failed.Now with 45$ tires and a smaller purse,Thunder cars flourished.And the tire sales man did not take home all the purse money.Besides,watching you guys battle it out,slipping and sliding,was very exciting to watch.2 or 3 wide,rubbing and bumping,was much more entertaining than watching a line drive around.It helped the show also by the faster cars starting in the back.Now with the modified you will not pocket any money even though STS modified feature money is as good or better than any dirt track within driving distance.You can keep the costs in check but to run in the top 5 you will need lots of money.I know how much my brothers team spends and to win every race will not cover it.800$ in tires and wheels alone this week. And 1 new body.Total winnings Sat with 2 cars? 140$.I won 100$ and didnt spend anything on the car.Nothing is more fun than a dirt modified though.Good luck with the car,I know you can drive. G.B.

try running pro sadans .got scrape arould for money the tire bill runs 200 to 400 a night .not counting 100 pluss gate plus food plus fuel .plus 8000 or more for a strong motor .not counting chassie parts .our car has about 17000 dollars in it .for a three to 400 dollar purse .then with all that you get wieght added to your car to slow you down plus restrictor plate .we give up 400 to 500

.pounds to some cars .thats alot .wipes your tires out.

buttttttt. we are crazy enough to do this .cuz its fun fun fun fun :D

sounds like its almost more profitable to run a bomber carim going to a super street and its costing a lot of money i was going to run cc but now dont know hate to go to dirt already missed few races plus i would have to change number which isnt cheap

? for the pros i seen a brake line kitt in day motor mag made of plastic i need to run new brake lines so i was wondering what yall thought is that good or bad do i need to run steel or will plastic work i was thinking plastic would be fine in a hot rod but was worried about race car if somthing flew under car it could brake it please some body with exp let me know like i said before im new in the super street class and any good honest advice would be nice im not a total dumba-- thank yall

evolution where you been hiding .not that i missed you :lol:

kind of funny my old friend lalo was helping him self along with us .thats what friends or for but he didnt pass us

nore did 27 .darn good race thow win or lose .now you get neal to pull that wieght off restrictor plate watch out.then .with the rules they have now .they perty much

got us choked down . ps if you think about it jessie was already passing 27 .

Oldtimer - you need to get a FWD VW and save that money for other things. I ran all last year with the same engine (replaced rod bearings once) Started the year w/3 new tires and bought only 1 left side and 2 right side tires all the rest of the year. My engine cost maybe 700 to build 2 years ago and still runs 8500rpm no problem.

48 maybe good but i like rear wheel drive . jessie likes pintos . besides its hinda fun to take old pintos and run good with them .someday prob have to build something else . or retire .boy everyone would like that huh. see you in sa.

postell69,

Remember you found that brakelime kit in a racing catalog. I'm not saying that they won't sell things that are junk, but I as well as many of the dirt modidfied drivers have the plastic brake lines. Buy it, it's easy to install and you'll be able to stop when needed.

OLDTIMER, I BEEN HANGING OUT AT STS WATCHING SOME GOOD RACING, AND WATCHING YOU TALK TO YOUR SELF. IF YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT BILL HAD A GOOD RUN ON THE 7 CAR GOING INTO TURN THREE ,BUT IT DONT MATTER NOW LALO AINT RACING ANY MORE.HAVE FUN CHASING THAT #70 ROCKET SHIP.

Archived