Drivers meeting March 17th Friday ...630?

Boerneracehounds50

Guest RandyBorlace

ah crap, Denver's back, hey it beats BL though, glad to hear you're back. point the black flag at every car but the 93 mod ok Denver? Mindy, get that car back together, if you need help, call me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offer to help Randy, it was very kind. The engine, according to Danny is at the shop being balenced, getting new pistons, cause one of them got chinged up when the springy thingy broke, (or this is my understanding) and then Danny and Harley put it back together, drop it in and its a go! Simple as that Danny said, nothing for me to worry about! I have faith in Dannys ability. Personally at this point I'd like to take that car and push it off the nearest cliff. One season, thats it, when this is over I'm done. NO MORE DRAMA FOR ME! I'll sit on the sidelines watch, sponsor other cars... as for owning a car, having to make decisions.... nope, this is NOT for me! Dont get me wrong, I love racing, but the drama, the rumors, the gossip, the decisions, its like being in high school again. BLAH!

missmindy29

The #29 was to run both, but now as things stand... who the heck knows. I will just be happy when the car starts and runs...all in due time I guess.

Randy, I just dont know about feature..lol...or heat... just would like to see the thing go in a circle, and at this point any track will do.

missmindy29

Guest RandyBorlace

DirtDauber, who are you? i dont answer #'s i dont know, i will be there at the meeting friday, but still wanna know who you are.

Guest RandyBorlace

i got some rollover minutes left-over, but call after 7 then it's free and i can keep my rollover minutes!! I still wanna know who DirtDauber is though lol :blink:

Guest RandyBorlace

i didnt go, i had better things to do, i helped my buddy mark mathias work on his camaro sportsman for SAS, watch out for him, he will be a force to reckon with.

Randy,

Hey, tell me where to go to get new g-60's. (locally)I'd like to get 6, but at this point 4 will do. I can order them from day motorsports, but ummm, it really ticks off my ups driver when I order big packages. Heck, he hates comming to my house, lol... pitbull on one side of my driveway gate, rott/shepard mix on the other... scares the wits outta the guy! It really makes him scared when he doesnt see them chained- he knows they are loose somewhere....whats cool is the look on his face when I open the door and they are standing there in the house. LOL.... guess you have to be there... lol

Anyway, if you know a place let me know OK?

Melinda

I heard from someone who attended the meeting that no purses would be posted till they know what their car count and fan count is going to be!!!! If you ask me that is stupid how can you get car count if the drivers dont know what they are going to be paid? The other reason they said they were going to wait is because all the cars are going to start to head to I-37 because Corpus and Edna were going to close because they cant continue to make pay outs like they are now!!!! So I will not be going to I-37 Untill there is a pay out posted I dont want to run for free for them like we did a couple of years ago. If any one else can add what was disscussed would be nice.

The info I have heard about spectators in Edna means they are going to be open for a long time. None of the posts from Corpus ever mention what the crowd is like. The drivers can race for a lot less money when you don't have to tow for 2 hours each way. I intend to race at I-37 as long as the money is reasonable. I won't lose $100 a week so that the track can make a profit.

i've got a thr s.s. i might want to bring to i 37.............who do i contact about rules(modifications).....to find out where i'm trying to fit in.thanx p.m. me

Edna had first practice tonight and it was a pretty good turnout for a practice, especially when considering other tracks are running events. Track improvements were nice, and lighting improvement were made.

Good luck to all of the tracks. We need all of them to keep the sport strong across the South Central Texas area.

The car I bought ran Edna last year, seems there doing ok, dont know with STS open now, bud oldguy, the report and what I have read is Corpus is getting a great crowd and good car count, 26 mods and good count in suport classes is good.So I dont know where 37 owners/promoters is getting there facts.

I only replyed to someone else's post. I don't feel anyone should plan on other tracks closing. Any track has to depend on itself and if they live or die they have only thereself to blame. There are plenty of race fans in San Antonio that don't even know i-37 exists, same for HCR. I have not been to a track that I intend to bash. I may not go to some but it will be about money which is my shortcoming not theirs.

oldguy/what do you mean you wont support a track that wants to make a profit?.if its not run like a business it is probably a failure already.so you want someone to spend lots of cash and just replace there cash? i dont see your line of thought.i know that to open a first class track will cost someone alot of cash.do i want them to lose it or just replace it?why would they have an interest to do it then?.maybe someone who would like to build a track sees your comments and thinks all racers think like you.i hope not.for with the support you bring a track ,it cant make it.you bring one car,come alone.pay your pit pass for one person,and want to take home double that.and do you finish the race on most races?so you want to bring your car,buy a pit pass,see all races for free,and take home some cash!.i hope a local track does get built.and i hope its run like a buisiness,AND MAKES THE OWNER LOTS OF CASH!SO IT WILL STAY OPEN!!!!!!! frank t.

Archived