Midgets in Texas

Budman

Just asking a question. Is there a weekly midget show in Texas anymore. The last I knew of any was about 10 years ago. There was a weekly show at Battleground, and about once a month, on an off week, they would run Big-H. I happened to catch them at Big-H one night. They put on a good show. They had 16 or 18 running then. Are they still running somewhere down there anymore? Or, maybe somewhere else in Tx?

Budman,

On September the 2nd, Texas Thunder Speedway in Killeen is having the "Southern States Midgets", which is the group Rebelracewriter was talking about, I think.

They put on a heck of the show everytime I have seen them. If I recall correctly, they are completely USAC legal, only difference is the group has a tire rule. Last I talked to some of them, there were a few that always ran the Chile Bowl.

Good show, one of my favorite shows of the year at Texas Thunder.

Check out the entire Texas Thunder Speedway schedule at http://www.texasthunder.com/

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway Co-Announcer

Thanks Guys, for your help. I'll answer my own question, now that I've looked around the web. No midgets, but they do run mini-sprints. (about the same size as 3/4 Midgets).

They run at Battleground, Hot-rod Hill and another track or two. Check their schedule at the following ....... EMSA Racing

That's where I got this photo.

post-7-1142441827_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived