Play by Play for South Texas

Boerneracehounds50

Wow I was one of the ones that was dumb enough to go! I think I have frost bite. Track conditions were junk but thats just because of the weather. GB won the mini stock race. Todd Evans looked like he was drifting on ice there. Austin Carter won the modified race with about 20 mods showing. Overall it was worth it I think...but hey I just went and sat in the stands at a track with the wind blowing straight into our faces. It was COLD!

oh yeah the shrimp won his race. Looked like Daytona in the lim mods since the bottom was the only spot for little traction. I thought for sure he would be the spinning shrimp but that wasnt the case. Nice job. Riley didn't do too bad either in his showcar. And that racer26. He did pretty good too.

coldest race ive ever attended, and for all practical purposes, these races shouldve been postponed. but hats off to the crew at STS for putting on the races, i can sense that this year will be a great year at STS, i think they will have some good car counts and racing all year, and i cant wait for next week.

someone tell me again...why do we do this??? LOL

It was something last night...damn it was cold!!!

And Todd, the leg and ankle are fine, sore and hard to walk on!!! I gotta stop hanging out with you guys...it's getting dangerous for me!

someone tell me again...why do we do this???  LOL

And Todd, the leg and ankle are fine, sore and hard to walk on!!!  I gotta stop hanging out with you guys...it's getting dangerous for me!

Rick. I am glad to see that you ok. ATVs can be dangerous if operated beyond their limits. Anyway the Ghetto is going quail hunting next weekend are you in?

half-car driver Neon Will

someone tell me again...why do we do this???  LOL

And Todd, the leg and ankle are fine, sore and hard to walk on!!!  I gotta stop hanging out with you guys...it's getting dangerous for me!

Rick. I am glad to see that you ok. ATVs can be dangerous if operated beyond their limits. Anyway the Ghetto is going quail hunting next weekend are you in?

half-car driver Neon Will

...hmmmm....with beer, atv's. and guns!!??? count me in....

:blink:

Well I just got thawed out this morning.What I experienced was a track full of self proclaimed idiots that would have had to be chased away with great effort to not have raced.In everybodys face was the same expression,what am I doing here?The answer was the same,IM A RACER AND HERES A RACE.It was something special for those in attendance that you cannot put into words.The grandstands people had it the worse,facing the drizzle.All the races went pretty smooth and the whole program was over before midnite.Pay window was open right away and cash was paid.It seemed like everyone respected the track conditions and each other to pull off one of the most unusual inagural race nites I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of and never want to do again.Till next time.My hats off to Owen and Gary,this race was for the racers.Most promoters would have cancelled knowing attendance would be low but these guys prooved there here for the sport,not their own best intrests.Long live South Texas Speedway :)

Archived