PM's

direct-flo

Nick,

Would you please elaborate on whether the PM’s are read on a regular basis or randomly by the site administrators? I understand that the listed site administrators are yourself (of course) Kevin Bendele, and Bobby Chaffe please correct me if I am wrong.

I also had another question on this same topic. If I delete my private messages are they 100% erased or have they been archived by this website.

Thanks

Tom

First, there have been other admins besides Kevin, Bobby and Nick in the past. I have no way of knowing whether any of them or whether any of the current admins read PMs or not. I rather doubt it.

Personally, I do not have the time or interest to read PMs. I have more on my plate than I can handle already. There have been at least two occasions when I did get into the PMs. On one occasion it was reported to us that a certain member was using the PM system to blanket the entire membership with an inflamatory message about another member. We were asked to intervene and we did. On another occasion, someone was using the PM system to threaten another member and that member asked us to stop the messages to himself and his race team members.

As far as I know, once a person deletes a PM he or she sent or received, that PM is gone. Whether that message is stored somewhere on the WWW I have no idea. I read somewhere that everything that goes through ISPs is archived somewhere, but I do not know whether that is true or not. In any event, admin staff cannot access any PM that a person sent or received once that person deletes the PM.

Nick Holt

Archived