thunder fun

honda 46

hey guys, i was just looking at the web site and wondering how many more cars. i sure hope there is a lot. the track is so wide and big that we could really put on a show with a ton of cars. with the 3 point cage rule you can go have a car together in aweek or so for under a grand and thats only if you have to buy the car. i think we should change the name and call them the mud bugs. wadayathank'?

hey guys, i was just looking at the web site and wondering how many more cars. i sure hope there is a lot. the track is so wide and big that we could really put on a show with a ton of cars. with the 3 point cage rule you can go have a car together in aweek or so for under a grand and thats only if you have to buy the car. i think we should change the name and call them the mud bugs. wadayathank'?

"STS Ghetto Mud Bugs"

Hmmm....I think I see some car stickers being made!

"STS Ghetto Dirt Dobbers"

"STS Dirty Boys"

"STS Slickers" :D:D:D

i like dirt dobbers also, i am hoping for 16 cars opening nite. once everyone sees how much fun it is they won't be able to stay away. plus you don't have all the politics, i hope. one nite its muddy and it helps one car then its dried up and it helps another. you just never know, man i can not wait.

Are you guys going to let me play too? I dont want to scare off all the new cars.The Rock is ready right now to run dirt,my last race was in Houston on dirt.All I have to do is load it.The other Scirroco from here has just been bought right now and will be there too.Its on the way to Corpus as I write.

Sure sounds like fun.And your correct,it takes a different technick to drive FWD on dirt.Run into the turn wide open,nail the brake and pitch the rear of the car way out,then nail the gas full throttle and the locked diff will straighten the car out.Feels like somebody caught the back so it wouldnt spin.You drive off the center full throttle in a straight line and drive it hard into the next turn.Its kind of like drifting but for a short burst.It takes practice,its really different than RWD.They can drift all the way around the turn under power and if your on the outside you get a face full of mud.Chaseing the track is the most challangeing,it usually starts wet and ends up drier.Guessing the needed setup for your feature means the difference between a good run and srtuggleing with the car.I dont have any idea what STSs characteristics are now.When I raced modified there it was always heavy.When my brother raced there more recient,there were times it took the rubber off to the chordes but modifieds could not change tire compounds.I thought diesel was illegal because of EPA,we use baby oil in a squirt bottle.89 cents at big lots.Are you going to run both classes or just modifieds?You make me jealos. <_< G.B.

I have dirt in my eyes, nose, ears, and in my drink! This is fun stuff! Just got back from practice and had a blast. This is gona be fun. I just got to figure it out, it might take some time. I proly had to much downforce on the rear of the car because of my big ol wing! This should be a fun year. Neon Will

I have dirt in my eyes, nose, ears, and in my drink! This is fun stuff! Just got back from practice and had a blast. This is gona be fun. I just got to figure it out, it might take some time. I proly had to much downforce on the rear of the car because of my big ol wing! This should be a fun year. Neon Will

...and a dirt in a few other places!!! lol

Man, what a difference between asphalt, mud, semi-wet dirt, and dry dirt!!! LOL

Definitely different!!!

Had a blast though...

whats up my gilpin buddys, i have all of my old dirt track setup for my mustang so youll dont have to worry about that. and youll know i prolly one of the fast dirt mini stocks. if you dont believe just ask my good ol friend GB. he will tell you all about it. so tim, ej, and frankie youll get ready. Bobby back in the dirt. watch out

Archived