TEXAS THUNDER CARS

BMWMPOWER10

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont know if it matters much but i think a name change for thunders would be a boost to our class.... texas thunders just doesnt seem to cut it. i like the name frankie senior come up with (think it was him) and i think it was texas modified mini stock..... cause no matter what we call any racing class its not a stock class. stock refurs to it rolling off the show room floor straight to the track with no mods at all. now thats what stock is. from any racing ive seen thier is no such thing as a stock class. so adding modified or limited modified to our class seems to give a little(well u guessed it)CLASS. besides what does thunder have to do with our class we dont sound like thunder we sound like weedeaters maybe it should be texas limited modified weedeaters lol  :D just my thoughts that dont mean a hell of alot but when some one ask what class i race in i would rather say texas modified mini stock instead of texas thunders........................

THANKS BOUNTY HUNTER AT LEAST SOMEBODY AGREED WITH ME ON SOMETHING AND I AGREE THE TEXAS THUNDERS SOUNDS SO LIKE AN ENTRY LEVEL CLASS AND IT IS'NT.

BESIDES GB RUNNING OFF THE MOST THE WINS THE CLASS HAS PROGRESSED INTO A COMPETITIVE CLASS.

I KNOW GB DESERVES RESPECT FOR HIS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE BUT I ALSO FIND IT KINDA FUNNY THAT WHEN EVER WE BRING UP ADDING WEIGHT THAT WOULD IMPACT GB, HE SEEMS TO FIND REASONS WHY WE SHOULD'NT MAKE A MINIMUM WEIGHT RULE.

(e.g. IF YOU ADD WEIGHT TO MY CAR YOU'LL JUST END UP BREAKING PARTS)

MY THOUGHT OF ADDING WEIGHT WAS BASED UPON CFM FLOW STARTING WITH WEBER REDLINE 38 MM, WHICH IS THE 5200 LOOK ALIKE AND BY GB'S OWN ADMISSION THAT IS THE CARB HE USES AND IT FLOWS BETWEEN 348 TO 360 CFM ACCORDING TO WEBER TECHNICAL DATA. SO WHY SHOULD'NT HE WEIGH 2100 LB. MIN. IF THE HOLLEY 35O HAS TO WEIGH 21OO LB. MY PROPOSAL WAS TO INCREASE THE THE HOLLEY 350 TO 2200 LB.

WHICH WOULD STILL FAVOR GB.

I just read the rules at cc. We're ready to go racin'. We just have to weigh Pro Sedan weight. We'll still be chasin' GB, but its all good. Talked to Doc last night, he's lookin' at raisin paid outs too. Let's all support CC Speedway in 2006, and get paid for what we're worth. EJ, Frankie, and all the Gilpin crew, I would like to see y'all reconsider goin back to CCMS. It has been a pleasure racin with everybody there. Lets make it great for 2006.

ok people so if you claim to have a tps car what is the weight penalties

cause in the rules it says tps cars allowed but with weight penalties and you have to run the street tires so that may be one way to get around the rules they have and make the fords more competative

Dont worry,using pro sedan rules,you can lock the diff,use coilover suspension,dont need 3rd and 4th gear and can run a 500 holley.Now your in the mid 15s.The weight woant bother you with the suspension upgrades.Sounds too good to be true.But I thought you were running dirt,and arent their rules the same as CCs except for more minimum weight and locked diffs for FWD?See you in a couple of weeks.

old timer, how many honda's you need. all you need is a cage kit, window net and harness and i got every thing else. give it some wedge and first nite out you will be running 16's. let me know. i do have one complete crx. it is the one we pulled rick on the jet ski with. it is sort of trashed but ready to race. let me know. wish i had as much time as i do cars then i would build 10 of them and start our own class just so every one would quit whining.

CARBURETORS / FUEL INJECTION

The 5200 series Holley / Weber Carburetor is allowed with No modifications!

350CFM Holley carburetor will be allowed with a 2100lb minimum weight after race, with driver, (NO FUEL TOP OFF).

500CFM (4412) Holley carburetor will be allowed with a 2300lb minimum weight after race, with driver, (NO FUEL TOP OFF).

Factory Fuel injection is allowed.

Two (2) return springs are required.

All Carburetors must pass inspection with track Go-No-Go Gauges.

Driver must notify tech with what carburetor they are using at the beginning of the season. If the Carb is changed it is the drivers responsibility to notify tech.

THESE TWO RULES JUST CAME FROM THE CCMS WEBSITE .

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THEY CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.

ONCE YOU REALIZE THE CONTRADICTION THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY THE RULES NEEDED TO BE REALLY CHANGED INSTEAD OF HALF ASSING RE-WRITTING THE OLD RULES.

IF DAN MONROE REALLY ENFORCES THE RULES LIKE HE SAYS HE IS THEN ALL CARS EXCEPT FOR GB WILL BE ILLEGAL.

rocky, the fly'n squirl. we are running dirt but i want to run the big shows at ccms if possible. i had fun out there with you guys and i would like to some more.....i just have dirt in my blood and we are going to chill out a little this year and try to put some fun back into it. last year with building the new car, racing every week, and working on it every nite of the week tring to catch all you guys was burning me out a little. we some some fun races our there did'nt we?

gb when you ran cc in the pro sedan race i believed you ended up in ibelievethird will behind you then us .if you dont think for one minute that weight .wont hurt us becuz we have all the suspensionparts your wrong and you know thats one reason why you dont want weight added to you .thats why neil put it on us you and will beat us with what little yah had . and on top of that all this racing parts hi output eng dont mean didley without good tires

so you are better off setting your car up on min aftermarket stuff .look at lalo and me when we ran our cars on street tires didnt do so good .if we were to run the 7 car out at cc every night iwould have to takealot out of the car to make it work on street tires you take donny moores car and steet tires and i bet he,ll hit the wallfirst time hits hardon the gas and i bet whatever he cant run as fast as you can

nope not me i still think doc should of hired crash carlock to run the show at least he has ran all the different class's so he would have more knowledge of all the classes and i bet he would of been there every night but i dont own the track and that is just how i look at it

Archived