TPS starts season at CCMS

NeilTPS

TPS starts 2006 at CCMS on Saturday March 11

The March 11th race at C.C. Motor Speedway will be an exclusive all feature race promotion of the United States Racing Association. Featured classes will include:

USRA Super Late Model Series

USRA Modified Series

USRA Truck Series

Texas Pro Sedan Series (invited by USRA)

TPS will invite CCMS Thunder Cars to participate in the TPS race. CCMS cars will be accepted, as is, provided they are in compliance with their 2006 CCMS Thunder Car rules. They will be allowed three optional upgrade exceptions.

1. CCMS cars may use either TPS 13” Hoosier Racing Tires or use the DOT tire they ordinarily use.

2. CCMS cars may optionally change to after-market suspension parts.

3. CCMS cars may optionally lock drive wheels.

(Note: These optional exceptions will prevail at both CCMS races on March 11 and August 19 and at TPS San Antonio Speedway races on April 15, July 15 and the “Octoberfast” event on October 7. The same optional exceptions will exist when TPS races at Thunder Hill Raceway during the 2006 season, schedule to-be-announced).

The purpose of the rules exceptions is to assist CCMS Thunder Cars to compete at a much lower cost than changing to full TEXAS PRO SEDAN 2006 Rules. All drivers must comply with the TPS race rule to receive scanner 154.570 MHz or start at rear.

The Race Bulletin and Entry Form for the March 11 race at C.C. Motor Speedway will be distributed in mid-February to all TPS members and possible CCMS Thunder Car drivers who indicate a wish to participate. Order of entry will determine qualifying order. If time trials are not held or completed, postmark entry order will establish the starting grid. The $50 entry fee will be refunded if a car fails to sign in at the CCMS pit gate.

To receive a TPS March 11 Entry Form or for additional information contact:

Neil Upchurch

TPS Race & Administrative Director

210/ 655-3222 Phone & Fax

210/ 365-3221 Cell Phone

neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

For further TPS information log onto: http://www.texasprosedans.com

Crewcheif21,73 I figured the Jet Ski thing was a joke too.

Just wanted to participate. Are you going to participate March 11? Thanks for the post.

Neil

neon14

Glad to hear from you. Do you understand your TPS membership credit from last season?

Neil

Neil, just the thought of the entire TPS field taking the green flag with jet skis in tow sounds pretty cool to me! I think it would make a good race! Not for sure if I completly understand the membership credit from last season. Neon Will

ford12, no new rods and pistons, I just dont have the money for that stuff. No slicks, we will have to go with the best dot street tire we can find. Those tall street tires just just keep me off my rev limiter as it is right now. So you wont see any track record out of me. If any ccms car has a chance at the track record it would have to be G.B. He lit the track on fire at the end of last year, I think he was down in the teens with street tires. Neon Will

I hope the Pro Sedan race is at least 50 laps.This is a feature class and should be treated as such.Imagine Nascar racing only a 25 lap race.Thunders race 25 laps every Sat.With 50 laps the trick tires can burn off the tire treatment and be on equal footing with the regular tires.People tend to be more careful with a longer race also.If it was my choice,it would be 75 laps but its not my call.The # of laps should seperate Pro Sedans from a regular nites class.Just my opinion.I find it hard to justify traveling 7 hours for a regular night of racing.Fortunantly,CC is only a couple of hours.And the only track records will be those with "special tires".Check with a durometer if you dont believe me.Lalo never figgured that out.Anyway I hope to be in the CC races too.Its the closest I will get to a "Nascar Race".Thumper

Neon: "Not for sure if I completly understand the membership credit from last season. Neon Will".

Full dues paying TPS members in 2005 who raced once or not at all have a $40 credit.

Those 2005 TPS members with a $40 credit toward their 2006 dues are listed as follows.

# 3 - Jesse Sandoval Jr.

# 4 - Will Robertson

# 8 - Pete Arce

# 17- Bubba Ford

# 28- Lisa Avalos

# 50- Rick Dawdy

# 51- George Alton

# 77- G.B. Carter

# 85- Ja Lane

# 88- Nelly Kelly

Simply stated, to renew their membership for the full 2006 TPS season will require a payment of $20 dues plus and a completed 2006 TPS Membership Application form (available on www.TexasProSedans.com.

After the Race Bulletin & Entry Form is published, payment of the entry fee for each race in which a renewed member wants to compete.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

GB:

The USRA published race lengths for March 11 at C.C. Motor Speedway are:

USRA Super Late Model...125 laps

USRA Modifieds..................75 laps

USRA Trucks.......................50 laps

Texas Pro Sedans..............30 laps

Grandstand spectators should find this event to be good lengthy races in all classes.

We hope to receive your 2006 membership dues balance and entry form and entry fee for this race.

Neil Upchurch

The following was extracted from 2006 Texas Pro Sedans Rules & Specifications.

G. TIRE RULES: All cars must utilize the Hoosier TUSA F 60 8.0/23.0 x 13” - or - Hoosier F60 8.0/23.0 x 13” racing slicks.

TPS members must purchase tires from either of the official TPS tire dealers: David Mackey located in Austin, TX. The dealership is open during daytime business hours (Mon/Fri) to sell over–the- counter.

Tires from David Mackey will also be delivered on race day to THR, SAS or other tracks. For shipping orders from David Mackey call cell number days > 512/913-9364 or shop days 512/288-4869 or > 512/280-4869 nights.

Bartell Racing located at 1621 Mussett, Corpus Christi, TX for over-the-counter sales and service (Mon/Fri) to TPS crews as a convenience to Corpus Christi area TPS drivers. To order call > 800/803-9273 or > 361/888-8062.

Tires treated with softening material are not allowed during any competition (inspection by petroleum detecting “sniffer”).

There is no tire limit unless a pit stop tire-change limit rule is imposed by TPS Officials at the drivers’ meeting before race.

Note: TPS reserves option to authorize certain DOT rated street tires and other Hoosier tires for specific cars or events.

As stated earlier TPS will allow use of DOT tires on CCMS Thunder Cars

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

A contingency sponsorship deal with TPS was just signed with the Official TPS Motel in Corpus Christi for the March 11th race at CCMS.

ONE FREE ROOM NIGHT Certificate will be presented to the fastest TPS qualifier who lives 50 miles outside C.C. Motor Speedway. The Certificate is contingent upon the winner being already registered and staying at TRAVELODGE AIRPORT Motel and providing that the driver signs in with the entered TPS or Thunder car at CCMS on March 11, 2006.

For advance Travelodge registration and the TPS discounted room rate call the TRAVELODGE AIRPORT- Corpus Christi, TX. Located on Corn Products Rd at I-37 exit #5. $45 + tax 2 persons, $5 3rd and $5 4th person . Free Continental Breakfast and Happy Hour. MentionTPS when reserving.

Call - 1-800/531-1344.

For further information contact:

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Crewcheif21,73 - Don't count on loaners being available.

honda 46 - My suggestion is for you to look up some of those CC area NASCAR fans who go to Texas Motor Speedway. When you look around, about 80% of those folks have a scanner on their ears.

That same scanner can be tuned to the TPS frequency and you are in compliance.

A tip - TPS drivers found the "hot set-up" to be double ear plugs because they couldn't hear well with one ear plug.

The rule restated is: All drivers must comply with the TPS race rule to receive scanner 154.570 MHz or start at rear. (BTW - drivers must be on scanner anytime they are on track - practice, time trials, race(s).

I hope this information helps.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Archived