PAS Super Modifieds

see86go

Thanks. I am guessing on the year, as the wallet-sized black and white photos don't have dates on them. The front straight/pit road wall has been rebuilt, and it was the same year Ricci Ware operated Pan Am and Paramount Austin. I think it was 1974.

• 2 years later...

I doubt the Darryl Godfredson pic is from '74. I worked for him at his dealership one summer and at that time, to the best of my knowledge, he had not acquired the modified. His Tempest was stored there - I removed the engine in order for him to dispose of the body, and don't recall ever seeing the roadster. The summer would have been '75 or '76, probably '76, but definitely not '74. My guess on the actual date would be fall of '76 or summer of '77.

On the other hand, we're talking thirty years ago..... :P

• 4 years later...
I doubt the Darryl Godfredson pic is from '74. I worked for him at his dealership one summer and at that time, to the best of my knowledge, he had not acquired the modified. His Tempest was stored there - I removed the engine in order for him to dispose of the body, and don't recall ever seeing the roadster. The summer would have been '75 or '76, probably '76, but definitely not '74. My guess on the actual date would be fall of '76 or summer of '77.

On the other hand, we're talking thirty years ago..... :P

I didn't miss a race at PAS Austin or San Antonio PAS late 73 thru 76 when HiWay 16 opened and I don't remember any Supermod races in that time period. My guess is this was earlier, like 71 to 72. Curious, what times did the supers run at Austin? I saw Freddy Fryar lower the TR from 15 flat down to 14:3 in 75, then Klestinec set it at 14 flat in the 81 car. Much later, like 91 or so, John Walker ran a 13:9 in his #1 Lumina at a TIDA race. I remember this cause he crashed on the first lap of the feature.

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is old but I'm Carl Parkers daughter and I was hoping to see the photo of my dad that was posted here before. If anyone still has a copy please reply. Thank you Carla Parker

Unfortunately, the person who originally posted the pics simply linked to where they were posted on some other site and did not upload them to this site. Now that those pics are no longer at the other site, the link to them no longer works.

You might try to PM the original poster to see if they have those pics available somewhere else.

Nick

Archived