2006 Tentative USRA Schedule Released

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe i'm missing something ???????????? where are the houston dates? and just my opinion , a ten race schedule [edited out by Nick Holt, 1/7/06]................between tracks and series does anybody wanna do this anymore? it sure don't appear so.

somebody please build a dirt track close to me.

I am sure there is a reason for why there are no dates but thats between Terry and the Bakers... Purely a guess on my part but I think it could be an issue where Houston didnt want to pay for both their own SLM's A.K.A. Pro-Lates and pay thier portion or as large a portion for the USRA shows but thats purely speculation on my part...

Wow. I wasn't sure they were even going to have CCMS dates. Glad they got atleast 2. 9 SLM races....plenty of time in between races to run out of state (Blizzard Series, ASA, etc.) for those that have realized Texas is just a tiny blip on the racing radar.

Even better question. Will USRA have an experienced team in the media center at TMS promoting the racers like they did last year (if the experienced team has an open date on their busy busy schedule) or will it be a learning experience for the people involved?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol:

One more question. How about a concert or something on a Friday night before one of the big events? I know Kevin Fowler or CCR can sell a place out. Just some ideas to hopefully make the track/series some money. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That schedule should save you boys some money.

we don't race to make money-so why would we cut back to save?

One more question. How about a concert or something on a Friday night before one of the big events? I know Kevin Fowler or CCR can sell a place out. Just some ideas to hopefully make the track/series some money. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Maybe this should go in the old rumor thread, but I heard THR was planning something like this.

I talked to Terry earlier today. The following is a statement from Terry Dickerson, maybe not word for word. Terry talks kinda fast sometimes and, being a Yankee myself.. well, you get the idea.

++++++++++++++++++++++

USRA attempted to schedule USRA races at Houston Motorsports Park this upcoming season. We basically offered them the same deal we had with them in 2005 except that the SLMs would have been their own show and the Modifieds and Trucks would have been booked together in the same show. And we didn't ask for a purse increase either. But, for whatever reason, Houston turned us down.

We then asked if USRA could rent the HMP facility for a few USRA races in 2006 and again we were turned down."

Our USRA teams and officials and did everything we were supposed to do at Houston 2005, and more, and the HMP management even expressed their satisfaction with the USRA after our final event there in 2005. All three of our touring series put on some great shows there last year and it's a shame that our teams, our Houston-area fans and our sponsors will not get to enjoy USRA stock car racing at HMP this season.

Apparently the Bakers have decided go their own way and I wish them well.

++++++++++++++++++++++

we don't race to make money-so why would we cut back to save?

who do you know in your area that races for a living?

maybe what was meant was a shorter season would mean less expense to get to the track and race

my primary cost goes into building the vehicle..........the money is already being spent........i don't do this so it can set in the shop collecting dust......

i wanna race..... if you don't that's your business.

The Houston track in my opinion is the best & cleanest short track in Texas, we already dont have to many tracks to chose from, and now taking away HMP. That is very sad! Ten races is not near enough and why for mods and trucks are half at SAS?$?

Jason Ray

Archived