Drivers Meeting Sunday

The drivers meeting will be this Sunday the 18th at 3:00pm but instead of having it at the race track we will be having it at the Al Amin Shrine Pavillion on Suntide Rd.

The pavillion is located on the corner of I-37 and Suntide road. It is the metal building to the rear of the property.

There will be plenty of room for everyone and it is out of the weather.

Sorry for the short notice change but we can not predict the weather.

do we need to bring anything to the meeting, let me know. approximetly how long will the meeting be? just need to plan the day that's all. thanks, todd

Yeah Todd, bring BEER!

Enough to last the rest of the day!!

There's your plan! :D

Hats off to Owen & Gary for a very professional run meeting and registration. I like the shirts the staff worn . The free t-sirts and coozy and door prizes was a great plus tto all I talked to . Thanks for the free food and drinks and the great hospitality too. This his how to run a racing program the track is coming around looking forward to makin some laps on it soon. We will have some pure stocks also from a couple of the Texas Super Coupe owners. hope the big sponsor comes through then the rest will flow easier. see ya in Jan. and we will keep in touch by email till then. super turnout by the drivers too, that made a positive for Owen & Gary too.

I would like to say Thanks to all the drivers and crews that attended the meeting. If I sent out any message at this meeting I hope that the one you all got was that we will be here for a long time.

I am not going to promise huge payouts, sponsor help or anything else that I can not follow through on. I am going to promise that we will do what we say for our racers and our sponsors. The payout will be there every week and the rules will be followed each and every week.

The t-shirts had a couple of meanings one Thank you for coming and the other please wear them to get our name out and let everyone know we will be racing in 06!

We had a total of 65 drivers sign up and alot of drivers that we know will be racing were not there due to schedule conflicts so the car counts look great already. Please spread the word we will be racing so we can pack the stands as well.

Special Thanks also go out to Autozone, Race Place, KO Grafx, and the Al Amin Shrine for sponsoring the meeting.

Owen

Found it.Looks like it would be easy to make a dirt thunder using the door plate style.We ran them in McAllen for years,in fact many of the same cars ran for years.I had a Scirroco plate car that someone threw away after they raced it 4 years and I dragged it out of the trash and raced it while they would let me.My mechanic also raced it a full season as did a friend of mine.I sold it and 2 other people raced it for full seasons.It was finally destroyed when going 4 wide in McAllen out of turn 4 the cars got together and the scirroco was on the outside and hit the cement wall first and ended up on top of the wall.The driver was unhurt but the car was destroyed completely.It lasted 10 years,won lots of races and 3 championships for 2 different drivers.This car was built for less than 800$.I think a guy can build a plate type car in a couple of weekends if he has a car that runs to use.I think the City impound auction is a good place to look.What kind of car would be good to use ? G.B.

i don't know why anybody has not built a late 80 early 90 240 sx, big motor, fully adjustable suspension, and rear wheel drive also. 3 point cage and your done, easily under a grand. but if you consider late model like 95 and newer there are dozen's of options and you wouls never have to touch the motor. like a honda, keeps going and going and going. lol.

Archived