Saratoga Speedway

kelyd13

How ironic, I happen to pass by the speedway last week not knowing it existed at one point. I was curious to know what type of track it was. How long has it been closed? It looked like a gost town but I'm sure I will start to see some progress soon. Good luck to whom ever bought it!

Owen,

Could you tell me a little bit about Gary Perry? I know it's probably just a coincidence, but I used to work with a Gary Perry who was from Corpus Christi. Kelly, you may even remember him.

Does your partner have any SBC background? Just curious.

Thanks,

I don't think so . I know him really well and he's a good guy who loves racing and has wanted to be involved more than he has been . He was going to get CC speedway before Doc but terms could not be finalized. Owen and Gary will be assets to the racing in CC and it's nice to see the Dirt track open......

I remember a Henry Perry from the old Cuddihy days. How is he related to Gary & Chuck?

I do remember Henry's equipment looked like top of the line, I was too young to know any difference though.

I think he had an Exxon Service Station?

Mel

I hear you Reb, alot to think about and very little time to get it all together. Current plan is non-IMCA sanction but follow the IMCA rules with a few minor changes. Every Saturday night with racing starting February 18th with non-points racing and the points season starting in early April. Late Models are doubtful but limited late models are on the list. We are looking at big shows to bring in like ASCS Sprinters or maybe a big late model show. We will be putting it all together and out as soon as possible.

Owen, a SUPR show like they had many years ago, one thing about that track, they fill the stands, just got to find out how to get rid of those nasty bugs that form around the lights, needed shovels last time the track was open. So So glad to see this track open ,I will pull down in what ever class I end up in.

Man! I move from Corpus up to College Station, get interested in dirt track racing up here just in time for the track to be closed because of noise concerns...and then the dirt track re-opens back in Corpus! I loved working out there at CCMS with Freddie and the rest of the fire crew, and Owen and the gang...now I'm stuck with no racin' at all up here! :angry:

I hope all works out down there! I'll have to swing by on my way back home to McAllen some Saturday. Gonna have to split time between the tracks 'cause I gots ta drink a few beers with Freddie again.

Robert

Archived