Do you see what I see!

fullview

Been hearing a lot of rumors about some folks we know getting involved at Saratoga in the near future. Sure would be great if someone brought that place back to life... Let's hope the rumors are all true!

Nick Holt

I heard a rumor. I drove by the track and saw fresh mowed grass. I also saw 2 Ford trucks at the pit gate. These trucks looked like like Chuck Perry and his dads trucks. No positive I.D. Also heard that Perry and Owen where working on deal to open track in Feb. Just a rumor. No confirmation. I quess I better start working on dirt setup for pure stock, shi? box, and Tams. good luck to all.

Saratoga will be on the news tonight but not for the reason we want. Coming into town this morning I drove by it and there were firetrucks and police all over. Someone had flipped their Jimmy right in front of the track into the ditch. All the news people were there filming...The grass was mowed at the track but didnt look like anything else.

The wreck would have been good advertising. We will let everyone know who our management team is as soon as we have it all in line. Currently we plan to be racing by March 2006.

We are working on classes, rules, payouts, points etc.

A meeting will be held as soon as we finalize some of this information.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

If this is the old Saratoga track,its been going to re-open every year.I think its great if it really does,and would be really great if they had a Thunder class too.Every track should have a Thunder Car class,its a great place to start or enjoy racing without spending tons of money or time.Thunder Cars work well on dirt or pavement.In 1992,the first year of Thunders in McAllen,the top 2 in points for the year were females.They were wives of modified drivers. Thunder Cars are a great way to keep the crewmembers of top classes involved having team cars reflecting the main car.Wives too.South Texas Speedway,you would not do bad to consider including 4 cyl cars in your program.With 2 tracks racing Thunder Cars,there could be special big races with lots of cars.If San Antonio and Kyle also added Thunder Cars,there could be 100 cars at a big show. Todd,I raced there before in modified and they dont have a "Getto" Could you be a "citizen "? LOL :o

gb, you might have to put in a word for me or maybe they have a class i could take or something. we ran out there the year it closed, i loved it. lets hope they can wiggle us in, hell i would run with the purestocks just to get back on that ttrack. aghhhhhhh, times are looking good. ps. we sure missed you those last few nights, look forward to seeing you next year.

South Texas Speedway, it may be a bit early to ask this but I am concerned about pit parking. From what I understand there is no ghetto over there. I have got kind of used to being on the other side of the fence at the track. I guess what I am asking is can the ghetto gang still have the ghetto at this track too? Can we section a small part of the pits off? LOL!

Neon Will

Will,

I'm sure there is a place fro everyone at South Texas peedway "The Dirt Track". I heard from a reliable source that there will be a 4 cyl. class and that the rules will be the same as that other track. So everyone just remember the saying "Dirt is for Racing and Asphalt is for getting there.

Archived