David Starr parts ways with Spears #75

Colt15

Got this off Jayski

David Starr will not return next season as the driver of the #75 Spears Manufacturing Chevy in the Truck Series, but he probably will drive for another team in 2006. Starr and team owner Wayne Spears agreed to part ways after the season finale last weekend at Homestead. Two Toyota teams and one Ford team have approached Starr about driving for them next season. Starr said those talks are ongoing, and he didn't want to name the teams. Starr also said he probably would compete in 10 to 12 Nextel Cup races in 2006 with a team that's forming a new partnership.(Dallas Morning News)(11-26-2005)

"Wayne and Connie Spears gave me my first competitive full-time ride in NASCAR. We got some wins and I am grateful for the opportunity to drive for such a dedicated race team." Starr continued, "We had four great years; we talked and agreed to look at other options. I have several opportunities to race in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series next year," commented Starr "I'm looking forward to running for the 2006 Championship.

Archived