Special Events Notices

TRP

Stay tuned for information on the following:

The Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race and the South Texas Street Stock Shootout event will be ran together on July 14th. You will recall that last year's Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race purse was very healthy, and this year we will match or beat that purse. Stay tuned for details to be posted regarding a specific guaranteed purse which will be posted before June 1st.

Also, we have committed to a specific purse for the South Texas Street Stock Shootout group, but we plan to exceed the commitment made to the series promoters and will post specifics on that purse as well before June 1st.

Both purses will be worth the visit and we will have a practice the Friday night before the race.

Finally, we regret to announce that we are canceling the ASCS Sprint Car event on Memorial Day Sunday weekend (May 27th). There are too many logistical challlenges for us in not running a weekly series to bring this event in on the holiday weekend, and we have notified the series promoter so they have sufficient time to search for a possible alternative track for that event.

It would be great if it were an end of season type deal so that all those chasing points at there track or series would be able to attend. Sure wanted Cody to be a part of this but we cant attend on this date while chasing rookie points. Always one of our favorite tracks and we sure dont want to miss an Aaron Hudgeons Memorial.

Give me a week or two to try to connect with Bruce on this and discuss with him as both our schedules are hard to pin down right now. I know one of his objectives was to try to get both items in on one night with the shootout event being a committed date already. But, understand lots of folks that run STS and pursuing IMCA points want to attend.

Darin - When does the IMCA points run end?

Dustin - When will you guys be done with points and what would be an ideal date for y'all without running too far out into the fall on this one considering other big shows that may be coming up in the fall?

Give me a week or two to try to connect with Bruce on this and discuss with him as both our schedules are hard to pin down right now. I know one of his objectives was to try to get both items in on one night with the shootout event being a committed date already. But, understand lots of folks that run STS and pursuing IMCA points want to attend.

Darin - When does the IMCA points run end?

Dustin - When will you guys be done with points and what would be an ideal date for y'all without running too far out into the fall on this one considering other big shows that may be coming up in the fall?

OCT 13 IS LAST NIGHT OF POINTS. AN IDEAL DATE IS JUST ONE WHEN WE ARE OFF. I THINK MOST WILL SHOW REGARDLESS OF WHEN JUST AS LONG AS ITS AN OFF DATE. OR THATS MY OPINION

We will certainly work with Texana on the schedule but it will be very tough. Mainly because of the street stock shootout. The schedule has been set for some time with a huge effort to come up with those dates. We had very few dates for the 5 races at 5 tracks available and tracks like Cotton Bowl are already letting the street stocks off 4 times so their drivers can compete. As well as STS letting their street stock drivers off July 14th and Sept 1st. Trust me when I say its a house of cards trying to put in 5 dates that dont conflict in one way or another. This was done and worked out back in November of last year. Along with the fact we have 1000 racing shirts that have tracks dates on them for track advertising. But with that said if there is a way we are open to.

I think the only part for worry is the Aaron Memorial Race for Limiteds I need to focus on and discuss with Bruce. The shootout is all good for that date..

Give me a couple weeks to get with Bruce so we can put our heads together on what to do or what his individual schedule might allow for with the Aaron Memorial Race for the limiteds specifically and if that piece could be done a different date. we are all good on the shootout part...

Archived